The school nurse is responsible for protecting and promoting student health, providing care coordination, and advocating for quality student-centered care. The school nurse:
- Provides basic health assessments and first aid
- Coordinates the care of students with chronic or acute health conditions
- Administers medications
- Coordinates and provides vision and hearing screenings
- Educate and train staff on relevant medical topics such as life threatening allergies and blood borne pathogens
- Monitors, communicates, and implements ever changing guidelines and protocols from the CDC ad local health departments
Andrean is following COVID-19 guidance from the CDC, IN Department of Public Health, Lake County Health Department, and the Indiana Department of Education.